In this podcast episode, we’re talking about meat in a way we haven’t before here on the podcast. My good friend, Justin Rhodes, is sitting down with me to talk about his version of what some people might call the carnivore diet, or the zero carb diet. Basically, we’re talking about what it looks like to eat an exclusively animal-based diet.
We’re debunking casseroles, joking about cabbage killers, talking about chickens as gardeners, and agreeing that neither of us are fans of tongue tacos.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Defining the Carnivore Diet with Justin Rhodes
- Why Justin eats the zero carb diet
- Animal diet vs. Carnivore diet
- Talking about intermittent fasting
- How our ancestors ate
- How to eat with the family
- Talking about casseroles vs. separate parts of the meal
- How the natural world works when it comes to food
- Thinking about the digestibility of our food
- Pressure to “eat your vegetables” and other social conditioning/pressures
- What prompted Justin to look into alternative diets
- Challenges of eating different with your family
- What serves you (vs. serving the diet): design your own eating lifestyle
- Food is community
- How the animal diet has improved Justin’s life (and his Lyme disease issues)
- How eating differently isn’t a “quick fix”
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Check out Justin’s just-released book: Rooted Life
Find him on YouTube: The Justin Rhodes Show
And take a dive into Abundance Plus – Use the discount code PRAIRIE for 10% off
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger