Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us here at The Prairie Homestead.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is This Information Used?
- We may receive and store information that you voluntarily submit through the Website for the purpose of subscribing to the Website to receive newsletters, for the purpose of leaving comments on blog posts, or administering sweepstakes, contests or promotions. Examples of information collected for this purpose are your name, email address and website URL. This information is only captured when you voluntarily enter or opt-in and enter this information for collection.
- We may receive and store certain types of usage-related information when you interact with the Website, including but not limited to, your computer’s IP address and browser information. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.
- The Website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Website traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit this site.
- This Website engages in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
- The Prairie Homestead is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
Your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
Information that does not identify you personally may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Will We Share the Personal Information It Collects?
We will not sell, distribute, or reveal users’ email addresses or other personal information without their consent. This does not include third-party partners, such as those listed above.
Modification or Deletion of Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information at any time. If you decline, we may not be able to continue to provide service to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to info(at)theprairiehomestead(dot)com, but in some cases, we may be required to keep your information by law. In such a case, it would no longer be active and would be kept separately in an archive.
We also often link to other websites or blogs. However, these websites are out of our control and we do not necessarily endorse all the content on these websites. So please surf responsibly.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: