Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this podcast episode, with my guest, certified nutritionist Karalynne Call, we’re breaking down the details you need to know about the ingredients you find on the grocery store shelves. We discuss many red flags to watch for and a great rule of thumb for someone just starting out on this effort to choose the best ingredients.
Karalynne Call is a mom of 6 who began her own health journey 15 years ago after battling severe depression. She launched her own successful line of clean products in 2019 and offers helpful advice daily on how to make small changes for long-term benefits.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Why Karalynne Call is so passionate about looking at grocery store ingredients
- Most common ingredients to cause issues with our health
- How to figure out if you have inflammation (and what to do about it)
- How to read grocery store labels & change lifestyle
- What oils to avoid in your food
- Controversy about MSG ingredient
- Talking about Real Salt
- Problems with artificial sweeteners
- Stevia and Monkfruit sweeteners: pros and cons
- Typical grocery store trip for Karalynne
- Favorite ‘go to’ products at the grocery store
- Clean beauty products
- Good cleaning supply products
- Jumping into clean living on a budget
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Shop Just Ingredients products (best sellers include protein powder, pre-workout, dry shampoo, deodorant, and face serum): https://justingredients.us/
Follow Karalynne on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/just.ingredients/
Listen to the Just Ingredients Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/just-ingredients/id1557557205
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger