Home dairying is a big part of homesteading for us. It all started with a couple of dairy goats, and now we currently have Oakley the Milk Cow.
Love raw milk, but not what it does to your wallet? Interested in owning goats in the future, but nervous about taking the plunge? Join us for the Goat 101 Series- an introduction to the perfect homestead dairy animal.
Goat 101 Series
- Goat 101: But Isn’t Goat’s Milk Disgusting?
- Goat 101: Cow vs. Goat
- Goat 101: My Milking Routine
- Goat 101: Improvising Milking Equipment
- Goat 101: Improvised Milking Equipment- an UPDATE
- Goat 101: Baking Soda, for Goats?
- Goat 101: Deciding on a Milking Schedule
- Goat 101: Build Your Own Milking Stand
- Goat 101: How to Milk a Goat **VIDEO**
- Goat 101: Six Lessons Learned from Kidding
- Goat 101: How to Tell When Your Goat is in Labor (or is getting close!)
- Goat 101: Reflections of a Milk Maid
- The Truth About Goats… (Or, Why We Downsized our Goat Herd
- 5 Things You Should Know About Goat’s Milk
Have a milk cow standing out in your barn and need a few tips? How about homemade udder balm so you don’t have to buy it at the store? There is a whole pile of home dairy posts here on the blog–enjoy!
Other Home Dairy Topics
- How to Milk Once Per Day
- Why We Drink Raw Milk
- 6 Tips for Safely Handling Raw Milk
- DIY Udder Salve (for goats, cows, and your own hands, too)
- How to Make Fromage Blanc (Simple Soft Cheese)
- How to Make Cream Cheese
- 16 Things to do with Whey
- 20 Ways to Use Sour Milk
- How to Make Traditional Mozzarella (Part 1: Ingredients and Equipment)
- How to Make Traditional Mozzarella (Part 2: Step-by-Step Process)
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.