If there’s one thing I’ve learned about homestead/farmer folk…
…it’s that you guys are a ingenious bunch (especially when it involves baling twine or duct tape!)
I’m all about conserving time whenever possible, and I’m always on the look-out for a good homestead hack to add to my collection.
What’s a “Homestead Hack?”
Good question. Here is how Wikipedia explains it:
“Life hacking refers to any productivity trick, shortcut, skill, or novelty method to increase productivity and efficiency, in all walks of life; in other words, anything that solves an everyday problem in a clever or non-obvious way”
70+ Life Hacks for Homesteading
Farm Animal Hacks:
- How to Weigh a Pig without a Scale
- A Cheap DIY Waterer for Ducks and Geese
- Turn an Old Kitchen Sink into a Dog Water Bowl
- 5 Tips for Putting Your Chickens to Work
- DIY $1 Chicken Feeder and Waterer
- How to Trim Your Goat’s Hooves
- How to Make a DIY Goat Feeder
- How to Make Your Own Udder Balm
- How to Stop Your Milk Cow from Kicking
- How to Remove Skunk Smell (without tomato juice)
- DIY Beehive in a Mason Jar
General Home Hacks
Can't Get Enough Homesteading Goodness?
Join over 67,000 others who get the weekly Homestead Toolbox delivered fresh to their inbox. It's packed full of recipes, ideas, and homesteading tips you can actually use (no fluff), plus a copy of my very popular mulch gardening how-to guide.