Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Is it possible to homestead while also caring for aging parents? In this podcast episode, my guest Sarah Allison not only dispels any fears you might have but also dives into practical tips that you’re going to love.
So whether your parents might need to someday move onto your homestead, or you’re already caring for your older parents and wonder if you could ever start a homestead too… this episode will encourage and inspire you!
Podcast Episode Highlights
- What does a multigenerational homestead look like?
- How did your multigenerational homestead come to be?
- Do your parents help out on the homestead?
- Dealing with social criticisms from other people…
- Things to think about before getting into multigenerational homesteading
- Do you eat together, do chores together, etc.?
- What the kids are learning from living in a multigenerational homestead
- Advice for people wanting to start a multigenerational homestead
- Advice for people already in a multigenerational urban home that wants to homestead
- Any conversations about safety as they age?
- Any final advice for multigenerational homesteading?
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger
More Unconventional Homesteading Tips:
- Homesteading as a High Schooler (podcast episode)
- Homesteading During the Golden Years: Is it Possible? (podcast episode)
- What if I’m Alone? Homesteading as a Single Person (podcast episode)
- Modern Homesteading Manifesto (blog article)