Who would have thought the world of olive oil would be so fascinating? From the “Agromafia” to “Three cough oils” to how to develop your palate like an olive oil connoisseur, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
I’m joined by T.J. Robinson, the “olive oil hunter” himself to dive into the ins and outs of this ancient oil and why it matters more than you think to your home kitchen.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Current olive harvest issues and fake olive oil problems
- “Agromafia” issues
- Why olive varieties are important
- T.J. Robinson’s background into the olive oil business
- The science behind creating olive oil
- Culinary flavors of different olive oils
- The ups and downs of working with nature
- Comparing olive oil regions in the world
- The true taste of olive oil
- Best culinary tips for using olive oil
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Special link for Old-Fashioned on Purpose podcast listeners to get a bottle of high quality olive oil for $1: www.getfresh23.com
Articles on the stability of olive oil: https://olivewellnessinstitute.org/article/new-research-proves-that-evoo-is-the-safest-and-most-stable-oil-to-cook-with/ and https://www.aboutoliveoil.org/evoo-most-stable-cooking-oil
Get weekly musings from my homestead: http://
My homesteading tutorials & recipes: www.
Our Wyoming-raised, grass-finished beef: http://genuinebeefco.com
Jill on Instagram: @jill.winger
Jill on Facebook: http://facebook.com/
Apply to be a guest on the Old-Fashioned on Purpose podcast: https://www.
More Real Food Tips & Resources:
- What do Grassfed Milk & Meat REALLY Taste Like? (podcast episode)
- Ancient Grains: Your New Best Friend in the Kitchen (podcast episode)
- A Skeptic’s Guide to Eating Offal (podcast episode)
- Cooking with Salt: Your Questions Answered (blog article)