While there has been a huge shift over the past few years toward grassfed products, some people find the taste of real foods somewhat shocking. The truth is, products like eggs, dairy, and beef can taste different than what most people are used to? Why is this?
In this podcast episode, we find out why what an animal eats effects the taste of the final product as well as how it looks. In addition, I discuss the nutrient difference between real food products and the grocery store imitations, as well as why it’s sometimes necessary to adjust our taste buds in order to get the food we really need.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- This season’s theme: a deep dive into food
- This episode: looking at grassfed animal products
- Why I haven’t been on youtube lately…
- I love writing (book writing announcement!)
- Why grassfed can taste ‘different’…
- Raw Dairy: how the taste can be different due to many things like diet, season, etc.
- Eggs: why they taste and look different…
- Grassfed meat: does it taste different (yes and no…)
- Summing it up: we need to recondition our modern diet
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
This episode is proudly sponsored by Genuine Beef Co. (https://genuinebeefco.com/) This dream has been 4 years in the making, but we are finally shipping our Wyoming-raised beef nationwide! It’s grass fed AND grass-finished, dry-aged to perfection, and vacuum-sealed in a USDA facility. We have 90/10 ground beef, roasts, steaks, and a variety of bundles. Use code PODCAST for 10% off your order.
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today!
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger
More Tips & Resources on Grassfed Animal Products:
- Why We Drink Raw Milk
- Farm Eggs: To Wash or Not to Wash?
- How to Make Butter
- Cooking Through The Cow Series: tips for cooking different types of grassfed beef