This interview reached places I’d never thought I’d go… eyeballs, roadkill, and the ethics of butchering animals. In this powerful interview with Harmony Cronin a professional big game skinner and mobile butcher, we talk life, death, and so much more.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Background on Harmony’s life and work
- Why should someone want to butcher their own meat?
- Is butchering something that everyone should do?
- Defining ethical butchering…
- Rituals and ceremonies connected to butchering animals
- How to process the death of animals
- Details on using every part of the animal
- Talking about using roadkill…
- Final thoughts and encouragement about butchering animals
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Learn more about the Modern Homestead Conference here: https://modernhomesteading.com/
Learn more about Harmony Cronin here: http://harmonycronin.squarespace.com/
Learn more about about the folk school Gathering Ways here: http://www.gatheringways.com/
Have a message you want to share with the world? Apply to be a guest on the Old-Fashioned on Purpose podcast here: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/podcast-guest-application
Weekly musings from my homestead: http://theprairiehomestead.com/letter
My essays on an old-fashioned life: www.prairiephilosophy.com
My homesteading tutorials & recipes: www.theprairiehomestead.com
Our Wyoming-raised, grass-finished beef: http://genuinebeefco.com
Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Jill on Instagram: @jill.winger
Jill on Facebook: http://facebook.com/theprairiehomestead