How do we raise motivated, passionate kids without forcing or coercing them?
Not only is Ben Greenfield an expert in the fields of fitness, biohacking, and health, he also has a fascinating approach to parenting. And while Ben isn’t a homesteader per say, these principles are as old-fashioned as they come. Join us as we dive into unschooling, natural consequences, screen time, and more in this conversation.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Background on Ben’s family life
- What their homeschool routine looks like
- Looking closer at Ben’s new book
- Natural consequences vs. helicopter parenting
- Showing your kids through your own actions how to live a healthy lifestyle
- Parenting tips if you have less resources, don’t homeschool, don’t have a homestead, etc.
- Balancing mentoring kids and living vicariously through your kids
- Tips for helping unmotivated kids
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Ben’s Website: https://bengreenfieldlife.com/
Ben’s Family Cooking Podcast: https://gogreenfields.com/
Ben & Son’s Gaming Company: https://www.fartofwar.com/
Learn more about my NEW book Old-Fashioned on Purpose (and how to get pre-order bonuses): http://oldfashionedbook.com/
Have a message you want to share with the world? Apply to be a guest on the Old-Fashioned on Purpose podcast here: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/podcast-guest-application
Weekly musings from my homestead: http://theprairiehomestead.com/letter
My essays on an old-fashioned life: www.prairiephilosophy.com
My homesteading tutorials & recipes: www.theprairiehomestead.com
Our Wyoming-raised, grass-finished beef: http://genuinebeefco.com
Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Jill on Instagram: @jill.winger
Jill on Facebook: http://facebook.com/theprairiehomestead