I wasn’t either… And for the longest time, I thought they were just a bunch of hype.
As I progressed in my natural living journey, I began to develop a strong desire to learn how to care for my family’s health in a more natural, logical way than running to the doctor’s office for every sniffle or sneeze.
I had heard a lot of hype about essential oils for a long time, but I stubbornly held out for quite a while before trying any of them.
Needless to say, once I did, I was hooked.
At first I just purchased a few random oils from the local health food store. But the stern warnings on the labels saying “Do Not Ingest!” kinda scared me off.
Thankfully, soon after that I was introduced to doTERRA: a brand of high-quality essential oils that are safe for topical, aromatic, AND internal use.
After using a few of the oils and seeing the results, it didn’t take me long to sign up as a consultant. I find myself reaching for my oils multiple times per day.
So far, I have used my doTERRA essential oils to:
- Freshen up the air in my home, especially after pet accidents. *ahem*
- Manage seasonal hay fever allergies
- Offer relief for my husband’s asthma
- Treat heartburn, nausea, and tummy aches
- Make all-natural fly sprays for my dogs, horses, goats, and cattle.
- Eliminate a wart and athlete’s foot.
- Make tons of different homemade cleaning supplies, laundry soap, and stain removers.
- Make homemade salves, lip balm, soaps, scrubs, deodorant, hand sanitizer, and shampoos.
- Clear up a case of mastitis
- Treat wounds on my cattle, horses, and chickens.
- Treat a deep bite wound on my husband’s hand.
- Provide relief from cold and flu symptoms, and shorten the duration of illnesses.
I can say that- without a doubt- essential oils have truly changed my life.
But aren’t doTERRA oils more expensive than the ones that you can buy at the health food store?
But when it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for… So, I don’t mind paying extra for something that I can be confident in. doTERRA’s oils are rigorously tested to ensure quality and purity:
“doTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils are guaranteed to be 100% pure and natural and free of synthetic compounds or contaminates. They are subjected to rigorous mass spectrometry and gas chromatography testing to ensure extract composition and activity. doTERRA’s 100% pure essential oils represent the safest and most beneficial essential oils available today.” (From the doTERRA website)
Here’s some more info regarding essential oils and doTERRA:
- You can download the full doTERRA product catalog HERE.
- What exactly are essential oils?
- How long have essential oils been in use?
- The 3 main ways to apply essential oils
- How are essential oils made?
- Using oils safely
- More about the doTERRA company
Want to add some essential oils to YOUR medicine cabinet?
There are several options available-
If you have more questions about essential oils or doTERRA, don’t hesitate to contact me. I’d love to chat with you!
(And just in case you were wondering, making a purchase through my online store does give me a small kick-back that helps to support the work that I do on The Prairie Homestead. Of course, you are under no obligation to use my link if you choose not to.)
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.