What are we leaving behind in our race towards progress?
We have more convenience and comfort than ever before, so why does something feel off?
- Stillness feels elusive amid our frantic schedules
- The more we consume, the unhappier we feel
- We have thousands of friends on Facebook, but still feel disconnected
- The industrial food system continues to weaken our bodies
- And our screens distract us 24/7.
…But it doesn’t have to be this way.
The past holds the key to finding ourselves
But that doesn’t mean we need to start reenacting history or living without electricity.
Living an old-fashioned on purpose life is an awakening…
A returning to what matters…
And it’s available to everyone.
When You Preorder Old-Fashioned on Purpose you’ll learn:
- The 8 pillars of an old-fashioned life (that are attainable to everyone)
- Proven strategies for growing your own groceries (even if you don’t have a backyard
- How to find joy in the kitchen (even if you hate cooking)
- How to escape the modern human zoo, even if you can’t move to a farm
- The surprising stress-relievers that can be found in your backyard
- Proven tricks for resisting the allure of screen addiction
- Six vintage parenting strategies for more resilient kids.
- How to craft a more grounded routine and save money in the process
- Why letting your kids do dangerous things makes them safer
- How to create a simpler, slower life, without moving to a farm
- The secret ingredients for cultivating local community
- Creative tips and DIYs to help you embark on your old-fashioned journey
Old-Fashioned on Purpose Printable Art"Here's to the ones disenchanted with the blandness of conformity. The ones who swim upstream while the rest ride the river of least resistance. The ones who favor homegrown and handmade..." Celebrate your old-fashioned lifestyle with a printable copy of this popular quote. ($14 value)
No Stress Sourdough GuideTake the stress out of sourdough with this comprehensive handbook! Includes instructions for making your own starter with just flour and water, extensive troubleshooting tips, and my tried-and-true bread recipe. ($22 value)
Homemade Dairy HandbookLearn how to make your own frozen yogurt, mozzarella, ricotta, sour cream, buttermilk, cream cheese, and more! From how to keep a milk cow to how to make your own cheese, this 110-page eBook includes everything you need to start your home dairy journey. ($27 value)
Learn to Can Mini ClassFill your pantry with healthy, homemade convenience foods! Learning how to can at home doesn't have to be intimidating. In this video and accompanying guide, I'll show you exactly how to master the time-honored skill of water bath canning. ($37 value)
Virtual Meet & Greet Ticket (BONUS EXPIRES OCT. 2)*UNTIL OCT 2!* Join Jill and other Old-Fashioned on Purpose fans for a virtual Meet & Greet in October 2023. Date and details will be sent via email later this summer. ($47 value)
Be Entered for a Chance to Win a Homestead Kitchen Gift Pack (BONUS EXPIRES OCT. 2)*UNTIL OCT 2!* One lucky winner will take home a collection of my favorite kitchen tools, including a dehydrator, mason jars, proofing basket, mason jars, and cast iron skillet. ($263 value)
The Complete Heritage Cooking Crash Course (BONUS EXPIRES OCT 2)*UNTIL OCT 2!* The definitive guide to cooking like a homesteader! Freshly updated, this complete course includes detailed instructions for canning, curing meats, fermenting, baking with whole grains, building a pantry, and more! ($197 value)
Pre-Ordering is as simple as... 1-2-3
Order the bookOrder a copy of the book from your favorite retailer (eBooks & Audible version count!)
Access your bonuses
Enjoy your bonusesCheck your inbox for an email with all the goodies. (And you'll be automatically entered into the giveaway for the Homestead Kitchen Gift Pack!)
Old Fashioned on Purpose is a rallying cry for a less industrial, more intentional life
Hi, I’m Jill.
Since I was a little girl, I’ve sensed something was missing in our modern paradigm…
But I didn’t quite know what it was.
It wasn’t until we moved to a tumble-down farmstead in the middle of the Wyoming prairie that I found it. Rediscovering a collection of time-honored skills and principles has changed my life forever.
But you don’t have to move to a farm to experience this same transformation.
Since 2010, I’ve taught thousands of people how to cook nourishing homemade meals, grow food in their backyards, and find joy in a simpler, slower life.
Our high-tech, modern world isn’t the enemy. But it’s not the only way, either.
So friend, that craving you feel for a simpler, slower life? Don’t ignore it. It’s pointing you down a thrilling new (yet old) path.
I can’t wait to explore it together.
June 2-3, 2023
The Homestead Festival
Columbia, TNThe Homestead Festival is a two-day event where you can learn not only how to grow your own food, but learn how to grow a life filled with meaning and purpose. Jill will be speaking twice at the festival.
October 13-14, 2023
Homesteaders of America Conference
Front Royal, VAJoin thousands of fellow homesteaders for a full weekend of workshops and talks designed to boost your homesteading skills. Jill will be presenting at the conference and signing books.