Homesteading in harsh environments… Can it be done and is it worth it? In this podcast episode, we cover the good, the bad, and all the encouragement you need for homesteading anywhere.
Sarah Allison, my guest last week, joins us again this week for this informative episode that’s going to inspire you. Because, yes, homesteading is something you can do, no matter where you live.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Describing Sarah’s climate and location
- Learning to adapt with your specific environment
- Raised beds, greenhouses, buying soil, and more…
- What can you actually grow in a harsh climate?
- Dealing with winds, long blizzard/frost seasons, pests, etc.
- Enjoying the challenges (instead of moving), no matter where you live
- Learning how to pick your battles
- Tips for raising livestock in a tough climate
- Improving the land where you live: pros, cons, reality
- Issues that come with higher altitudes
- Final advice and tips for folks homesteading in harsh places
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger
More Unconventional Homesteading Tips:
- On Homesteading in the Desert & Blooming Where You’re Planted (podcast episode)
- Homesteading During the Golden Years: Is it Possible? (podcast episode)
- How to Recover After a Major Garden Failure (podcast episode)
- Homesteading in Wyoming (blog article)