In this podcast episode, I am so excited to have Ed Laivo join us. Ed is an edible landscaping specialist, with a focus on small space gardening. I’m pretty sure he’s going to convince you that everyone can grow food, even when they have very little space. With over 40 years of extensive experience in plant production, he’s pretty inspiring.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Ed’s background and interest in edible landscaping
- Native fruits and the history of fruit plants
- Advice for edible landscaping: mixing annuals, perennials, and edibles
- Why blend edibles into landscaping?
- Why is there a cultural stigma against edible landscaping?
- Tips for edible landscaping design
- Tips for dealing with fussy HOA’s
- What type of maintenance comes with edible landscaping?
- What are the biggest challenges to edible landscaping?
- What are some easy plants to get started?
- Best tips for container gardening?
- Taking a closer look at soil and fertilizers…
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Book mentioned in the podcast episode: Edible Landscaping by Rosalind Creasy
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger
More Unconventional Homesteading Tips:
- On Homesteading in the Desert (podcast episode)
- Homesteading During the Golden Years: Is it Possible? (podcast episode)
- What if I’m Alone? Homesteading as a Single Person (podcast episode)
- Modern Homesteading Manifesto (blog article)