The concept of home has changed drastically in our modern era. Once considered a place of industry, it’s now a place merely for sleeping and eating. But as old-fashioned minded people, we have the opportunity to rewrite that narrative.
In this episode, I’m joined by Lyndsey of Treehouse Schoolhouse as she shares her best strategies for cultivating a home filled with nature, creativity, and wonder.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Background on Lyndsey and her mission/goals
- Different needs for different types of families
- Tips for setting up a homeschool room
- Strategies for including nature into schooling routine
- How to set up your kids to learn life skills, no matter where you live
- How to foster a welcoming environment for community gatherings no matter the size of your home
- Space for work: how to set up at-home business space in a home
- Time management tips for balancing working at home, homeschooling, etc.
- How to balance motherhood and our own passions and creativity
- Final tips and thoughts
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Learn more about Lyndsey here: www.treehouseschoolhouse.com
Check out her online shop: https://treehouseschoolhouse.com/collections/all and get 15% off with code: OLDFASHIONEDONPURPOSE15
Preorder Old-Fashioned on Purpose now and get exclusive bonuses! http://oldfashionedbook.com/
Have a message you want to share with the world? Apply to be a guest on the Old-Fashioned on Purpose podcast here: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/podcast-guest-application
Weekly musings from my homestead: http://theprairiehomestead.com/letter
My essays on an old-fashioned life: www.prairiephilosophy.com
My homesteading tutorials & recipes: www.theprairiehomestead.com
Our Wyoming-raised, grass-finished beef: http://genuinebeefco.com
Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Jill on Instagram: @jill.winger
Jill on Facebook: http://facebook.com/theprairiehomestead