It’s one of the most old-fashioned practices we can cultivate in our modern culture. And no, it’s not baking sourdough, or growing vegetables, or milking a cow… I’m talking about building community.
So why is it so hard? And how can we navigate relationships in our ultra-polarized world? Dr. Gary Chapman, best-selling author of The 5 Love Languages, is joining us today to talk about building & mending community in a world that seems determined to keep us isolated.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Why community (and the need for love) is so important
- Has there been a shift in relationships as modern society becomes more technological?
- Strategies for getting through rocky times while trying to create community
- The five love languages and how they play a role in creating community and relationships
- How to figure out the love languages of other folks in your community
- Advice for building bridges with people you don’t agree with…
- Biggest benefits for creating community and building relationships
- The danger of trying to be a self-sufficient homesteader…
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Be sure to check out Toups & Co, a small homestead family that makes amazing skin products from natural ingredients. Go to ThePrairieHomestead.com/makeup and save 15% with code HOMESTEAD.
Where to find Gary Chapman: http://5lovelanguages.com
Weekly musings from my homestead: http://theprairiehomestead.com/letter
More Thoughts & Tips on Building a Local Community:
- How to Cultivate Community You Can Depend On When Times Get Tough (podcast episode)
- How to Grow a Thriving Business in a Small Town (podcast episode)
- What to do When Your Friends & Family Don’t Like Homesteading (podcast episode)
- How to Find Local Food Sources