Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Although we’ve talked a lot of about forging our own path and carving out our own independence, community is an essential part of the human experience. Not only is it impossible for us to produce everything we need, sometimes we just flat out need help to get through a difficult time. Over the past couple years Christian and I have made it a point to invest deeper in our local community.
While it hasn’t always been the easiest, in today’s episode I share with you some ways that you can start reaching out and building deeper connections with the people around you. After all, the only way to really lessen your dependence on the infrastructure at large is by building and cultivating local resources. Tune in today to find out how!
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
- Head to Greenhouse Megastore today for all of your greenhouse needs! https://greenhousemegastore.com/?aff=2
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
More Community-Related Thoughts:
- 5 Things I Learned as a First Time 4-H Mom (podcast episode)
- Thoughts from a County Fair (podcast episode)
- Soda Fountains, Small Towns, and Life Lessons (podcast episode)
- How to Start Buying Local Food (blog article)