Building community. It’s one of the most important and old-fashioned skills we can develop in our modern era. Yet, sometimes it’s easier said than done.
I’m joined by Christine Marie Bailey today. She’s the author of The Kindred Life and a passionate advocate for building community, no matter where you live.
In this episode, she shares some of her best practical strategies for working through the common roadblock to creating connection. If you’ve been struggled to connect in your local area, you’ll love this episode!
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Christine’s background and beliefs in why connection matters today
- The dangers of technology and A.I. around building relationships
- How Christine slowly developed a homesteading community near her
- How building community especially around the food table has shaped Christine’s life and actions
- Tips for overcoming roadblocks when trying to establish community
- Tips for establishing community even when things aren’t perfect
- Best strategies for cooking meals for large groups
- Overcoming fears of awkward conversations (or silences)
- How to handle divisions within the community
- How to balance inward time and pouring out into the community
- Final tips and advice from Christine
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Learn more about Christine Marie Bailey here: www.christinemariebailey.com
Learn more about Genuine Beef Co. here: https://genuinebeefco.com/
While supplies last, get 15% off our Genuine Beef Freezer Filler Special! Learn more here: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freezer
Order my NEW book Old-Fashioned on Purpose now and get exclusive bonuses! http://oldfashionedbook.com/
Have a message you want to share with the world? Apply to be a guest on the Old-Fashioned on Purpose podcast here: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/podcast-guest-application
Weekly musings from my homestead: http://theprairiehomestead.com/letter
My essays on an old-fashioned life: www.prairiephilosophy.com
My homesteading tutorials & recipes: www.theprairiehomestead.com
Our Wyoming-raised, grass-finished beef: http://genuinebeefco.com
Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Jill on Instagram: @jill.winger
Jill on Facebook: http://facebook.com/theprairiehomestead