Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s hard to believe I’ve been producing this podcast since 2019 yet today is the first time this guest, my husband Christian Winger, has joined me. Listen in as Christian and I talk about how to recognize what your spouse brings to the table in your relationship and what to do when you don’t see eye-to-eye about homesteading.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Our homesteading story & conversations
- Christian’s initial thoughts when we started adding to our homestead
- When a spouse is working a full day and doesn’t necessarily want to spend downtime working on a homestead…
- When a spouse feels disconnected to your passions with homesteading…
- Why & How Christian shifted into becoming more interested in the homestead
- How two spouses can work with their personal strengths to work together on building a homestead
- How spouses can be influenced by their circles of friends/aquaintences/etc.
- Things that either attracted or repulsed Christian to the homestead life
- How to let your spouse thrive at the homestead
- What if the spouse just absolutely HATES homesteading…
- Remembering to avoid negative talk from others and stick to your WHY
- Consider your own personality type and weaknesses and working on the homestead for YOU
- Make homesteading work for YOU and avoiding the comparison trap
- Christian’s new podcast for men…
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Find Christian Winger here: https://www.instagram.com/christianwinger/
This episode is brought to you by our beef–Genuine Beef Co.
Grab our Jingle Bells Holiday Special and get two FREE pounds of ground beef! https://genuinebeefco.com/a/bundles/jingle-bells-holiday-special-4yya
Or grab a gift card for the perfect gift that tells them you want them to have the best: https://genuinebeefco.com/collections/other/products/gift-card
And order your planner before they’re gone! It will help you balance your busy life and still have time to spare, all while keeping all your ducks in a row (or hens, or goats…). But hurry! They are going fast! https://meet.theprairiehomestead.com/2023plannermain
Follow along with Christian on his newest project; Stop Hiding with Christian Winger
My (New) Old-School Blog: www.prairiephilosophy.com
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger
More Homestead Thoughts:
- My Relationship with Homesteading is Changing (podcast episode)
- What Stage of Homesteading are You In? (podcast episode)
- Saying NO to These 4 Systems Changed My Life Forever (podcast episode)
- How to Afford a Homestead (blog post)