While modern medicine can provide tremendous benefits, it doesn’t always provide the best or most helpful solution. While I have some experience working with things like essential oils, I’m not what someone would call an expert in alternative medicine. Thankfully, today I’m joined by Amy Fewell.
Amy is an author, entrepreneur, and the Founder of the Homesteaders of America organization. On today’s episode, Amy covers the best herbs to start with, the benefits of fresh vs dried herbs, the most common uses of herbs, and even talks about ways to use herbs with livestock. As a family herbalist, Amy truly has a wealth of knowledge on this subject. If you’ve ever wanted to lessen you reliance on modern medicine but never knew where to start, then this episode is for you!
- Want to connect with Amy? You can find her online at thefewellhomestead.com and homesteadersofAmerica.com
- Click here to buy Medical Herbalism by David Hoffmann: https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Medical-Herbalism/David-Hoffmann/9780892817498
- Head to Greenhouse Megastore today for all of your greenhouse needs! https://greenhousemegastore.com/?aff=2
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead