While opting out of chemical laden food seems like a no-brainer for everyone, there’s another not-so-obvious industry that effects all of our daily lives. Whether it’s hand soaps, lotion, shampoo, or make-up, cosmetics and skincare products carry some of the most toxic chemicals out there. So how do we combat this problem?
In this podcast episode, I’m thrilled to be joined by my friend Emily Toups. Emily is the founder of Toups & Co., an organic make up and skin care company based out of Alabama.
We discuss the chemicals to look out for on labels, tips for removing toxicity and stress in other areas of life, as well as diving into how Emily’s been able to create a viable business in the skincare industry. In addition, we discuss how beef fat can be a secret weapon in your skin care arsenal!
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Different opinions on health and medicine
- Emily Toups and her Toups & Co. organic skincare line
- Skincare should be simple
- Talking about tallow
- What ingredients to avoid in skincare
- Health effects from bad skincare products
- Recommended simple skincare routine
- Other pieces of a non-toxic lifestyle
- First thing to switch out in a non-toxic lifestyle
- Tips for running a small business
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
This episode is proudly sponsored by Genuine Beef Co. (https://genuinebeefco.com/) This dream has been 4 years in the making, but we are finally shipping our Wyoming-raised beef nationwide! It’s grass fed AND grass-finished, dry-aged to perfection, and vacuum-sealed in a USDA facility. We have 90/10 ground beef, roasts, steaks, and a variety of bundles. Use code PODCAST for 10% off your order.
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today!
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger