This might sound obvious to say, but most of us never even think about heat until the power goes out. Feeling that winter cold starting to creep in can be a really unsettling feeling if your sole source of heat is from the power grid. Thankfully, there are ways to counteract this problem. In today’s episode I’m diving into my favorite form of heat. I cover all the basics of wood heat, including how to choose a wood stove and the best types of wood to use.
I also discuss an option that will both allow you to cook without electricity while also improving your general quality of life under normal circumstances. No matter if you own your own homestead or if you live in town, this episode will help keep you covered no matter what mother nature might throw at you.
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead