Podcast: Play in new window | Download
I must admit, while I fancy myself as being quite knowledgeable as a homesteader, there is one area in particular I didn’t have the slightest clue how to tackle. Although I had a good grasp on heating and cooking without electric, I had no idea what to do when it came to getting water. Thankfully, my good friend Amber Bradshaw has returned to help us all tackle our water systems. If you missed out last episode, Amber is a published author and he family’s journey to off-grid living has been featured on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, and the D.I.Y. Network.
In this podcast episode, Amber details how they capture and filter water, how they determined daily water usage per person, how they provide water for animals and crops, and so much more. She even provides ideas for wind-energy solutions that can power a water heater! No matter if you’re looking to go fully off the grid or simply looking to protect yourself in the face of extreme weather conditions, Amber offers a wealth of information to help cover every problem. This is one episode you definitely don’t want to miss!
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Want to connect with Amber to learn more about off-grid living? Head to her website at http://myhomesteadlife.com/ now!
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
More Preparedness Tips & Resources:
- Creating a Sustainable Off-Grid Homestead (podcast episode)
- How to Stay Warm (and Cook!) When the Power Goes Out (podcast episode)
- How We Kept Our Homestead Alive During a Record-Breaking SNOW STORM (youtube video)
- 3 Ways to Generate Your Own Electricity (blog article)