Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What do you do when the power goes out? For most of us, this is something we never think about and generally take for granted. However, the recent events in Texas and in some other areas of the country have re-enforced my interest in becoming self-sufficient when it comes to electricity. Today I’m thrilled to be joined by Amber Bradshaw.
Amber is an author and her family’s journey to off-grid living has been featured on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, and the D.I.Y. Network. Join us as Amber describes how she made the transition from city life to the mountains, how they decided on their solar setup, what they had to sacrifice, and how to properly plan for your needs. Amber’s story is truly amazing and this episode is a must listen for anyone looking to lessen their energy dependency.
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Want to connect with Amber? Head to her website at http://myhomesteadlife.com/ to learn more!
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
More Preparedness Tips & Resources:
- Creative Off-Grid Water Systems (podcast episode)
- How to Stay Warm (and Cook!) When the Power Goes Out (podcast episode)
- How We Kept Our Homestead Alive During a Record-Breaking SNOW STORM (youtube video)
- 3 Ways to Generate Your Own Electricity (blog article)