What if you could never buy meat at the grocery store again? When I ask that question, I don’t mean that the grocery store stopped selling meat. I mean, what if you could create your own self-sustaining source of meat that continued to produce year-after-year? In today’s episode, I take a deep dive on everything needed to get a better handle on your meat production and storage needs. This includes everything from selecting the correct freezer, the amount of land you’ll need to raise meat, the different types of beef available, how much beef you’ll need for your family, and so much more.
Don’t worry my friends, we’re also going into what’s required for raising chickens, pigs, and goats. I also touch on what you can do if you don’t have the space or the time to raise your own meat. If you’re ready to ditch the traditional grocery store meats, this is your episode!
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Check out our Genuine Beef Co. here —> https://genuinebeefco.com/
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
More Homesteader Thoughts on Meat:
- The Homesteader’s Guide to Preserving Meat (podcast episode)
- What do Grassfed Milk & Meat REALLY Taste Like? (podcast episode)
- Why Your Grassfed or Pastured Meats are Tough (podcast episode)
- Our Chickens Got SO BIG They Won’t FIT in the FREEZER (youtube video)