If you’ve been following along for the past year, food security has been a consistent topic of discussion. While I’ve talked a lot about planting gardens and how to produce vegetables, meat, dairy, and so on, I’ve only briefly touched on how to preserve and conserve for the long-haul. Today I’m thrilled to be joined by a real expert on this topic, Jessica from Three Rivers Homestead.
With a family with seven kids, Jessica has experience not only with long-term storage but also volume storage. In today’s episode we cover nearly everything including storage, how to intentionally use and replenish your pantry, what foods to buy and not to buy in bulk, how to prevent and deal with pests, how to plan your bulk buys, and so much more.
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
- To connect with Jessica on Instagram, head to https://www.instagram.com/threerivershomestead/
- To connect with Jessica on YouTube, head to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2yq41wib1MOacBef2crlbw
- Head to Greenhouse Megastore today for all of your greenhouse needs! https://greenhousemegastore.com/?aff=2
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
More Preservation Tips:
- What’s In My Everyday Preparedness Pantry (podcast episode)
- 3 Tricks for Storing Vegetables When You Don’t Have a Root Cellar (podcast episode)
- How to Pick the Right Salt for Your Preservation Projects (podcast episode)
- How to Store a Year’s Worth of Food for Your Family (Without Waste and Overwhelm) (blog article)