Whether you're ready or not, there's nothing you can do to stop the coming harvest. Now that we know you can't stop mother nature, what can be done to prepare? I'm glad you asked my friend. In today's episode, I explain some of my favorite methods of preservation, how I let my harvest influence my meal plans, and how to deal with the current lid shortage crises. Discover when to use canning, fermentation, pickling, and other preservation methods to maximize your harvest. Trust me, this is the only guide you will need for harvest this season.
A BIG shout-out to our podcast sponsor this month— True Leaf Market! http://theprairiehomestead.com/seeds
They are one of my most-favorite seed companies specializing in organic, heirloom seeds with hundreds of varieties to pick from! Use code SPRING2021 for $10 on your first order of $50 or more.
- My Blog Post On Ways to Preserve Food At Home: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2020/08/ways-to-preserve-food-at-home.html
- My Blog Post On Pickled Vegetables: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2019/08/quick-pickled-vegetables.html
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead