At the age of 14, I got my first horse. For a shy little homeschool girl, this wound up being a huge boost to my confidence and completely shifted my identity. In the years that followed, I joined 4-H, worked in the stalls, and eventually went to college to ride horses. What did I learn through all of this? Even if you’re unable to live your dream right now, there are always ways to get close to it and prepare yourself for what’s to come.
Listen to find out how I got my first real mentor when I first got my horse.
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
• To begin your homesteading journey, head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
• Visit my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com for all my from-scratch recipes, homestead inspiration, and old-fashioned tutorials.
• Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
• Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
• Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
More Homesteading Thoughts:
- The Scoop on Horses for Your Homestead (podcast episode)
- Saying NO to These 4 Systems Changed My Life Forever (podcast episode)
- I Need to Get This Off My Chest (A Reintroduction of Sorts) (podcast episode)
- Does this Homesteading Thing Really Matter? (blog article)