Homemade gifts don’t have to equate to bizarre Christmas sweaters and rock paperweights.
Thanks to resources like Pinterest, I’ve seen some of the coolest DIY gift ideas floating around lately. And personally, I much prefer a thoughtful homemade gift over a hastily purchase store bought one. Don’t you?
Put your essential oil stash to good use this year and use your collection to create homemade gifts for your family and friends. I’ve rounded up 21 of my favorite essential oil gift ideas–I’m pretty sure there is something for everyone on this list!
Where to Get Supplies for Homemade Gifts:
(These are affiliate links–just so you know. That means, if you purchase something after clicking them, I might make a small commission, which helps to cover the costs of running this blog. So thanks!)
- My favorite essential oils
- 2 oz glass spritzer bottles
- 4 oz glass spritzer bottles
- Expeller pressed coconut oil (this is the kind that doesn’t smell like coconuts)
- 4 oz glass canning jars
- Beeswax pellets
- Lip balm tubes
- 4 oz tins (these make cute packaging for the salves, lotions, and butters)
21 Homemade Gifts You Can Make with Essential Oils
10. Peppermint Whipped Body Butter
19. DIY Bath Fizzies
20. DIY Laundry Kit Gift Basket Idea
- 1 Bottle of DIY Laundry Spot Remover
- A cute jar filled with Homemade Laundry Detergent
- Several wool dryer balls, scented with your favorite essential oil
21. Diffuser Gift Basket Idea
I have several diffusers in my home, and like them all for different reasons. My essential oil diffuser review post will help you make the best choice. which makes it perfect for gifts. Here’s a whole list of my favorite diffuser combinations that you could include in the gift basket, or simply tuck in single oils such as lavender, peppermint, or lemon.
Still looking for more ideas? Check out my Homemade Gifts board on Pinterest!
Can't Get Enough Homesteading Goodness?
Join over 67,000 others who get the weekly Homestead Toolbox delivered fresh to their inbox. It's packed full of recipes, ideas, and homesteading tips you can actually use (no fluff), plus a copy of my very popular mulch gardening how-to guide.Let's go!