He’s baaack… but this time Christian and I are chatting about our beef story.
Join us as we walk through how we broke out of the limited mindset that told us we couldn’t do this, what scared each of us the most (you may be surprised), and if all the experts are right that you can’t be a rancher unless you’re born or married into it.
If you’ve ever had a dream that others tell you is impossible, there’s good stuff in this episode for you.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Our background into getting into homesteading and raising cattle
- Getting over struggles and limiting beliefs and starting to think ‘outside of the box’
- Thinking about raising cattle from a financial perspective
- Starting small with homestead livestock and how that expanded over time
- How having a rancher mentor helped us out in the beginning
- A closer look at the starter costs and making a business plan
- Picking the age of your first cattle
- Why your financial mindset is so important
- Figure out your WHY for getting into raising cattle
- Traditional cattle operation vs. controlling the whole process (aka what we did instead)
- The hard part (aka NOT raising the cattle but what happens afterwards)
- Dealing with USDA facilities and licenses
- Our freezer drama…
- Learning how to SELL and SHIP our beef
- Dealing with hurdles is okay
- Our Genuine Beef Company: https://genuinebeefco.com/
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Find Christian at the Stop Hiding podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/46wojgTn1Fn52iZJJPTtWO
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger