Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Join in on my conversation with the author of Radical Homemakers and Redefining Rich as she breaks down the meaning of “homemaker” in ways you’ve never thought of.
In this podcast episode, Shannon and I talk about how a true homemaker learns skills so she is free to live by the principles that are most important to her, all the while working through the important steps of renouncing, reclaiming, and rebuilding, and figuring out what these steps look like for her.
Shannon and I talk about what it looks like to grapple with the macro issues and the micro issues, and in all that chaotic imperfection, to find happiness and redefine “wealth.”
Podcast Episode Highlights
- Let’s talk about the title of this book…
- Looking at Shannon’s background and how it connected to writing the book
- Defining the term ‘homemaker’
- Renouncing, reclaiming, and rebuilding
- The journey towards building outward and helping the community
- Housewife syndrome…
- How the home shifted from production to consumption…
- How this shift away from production has affected our mental health
- Advice on getting clarity on what you’re trying to achieve
- The four types of income streams
- How to balance homesteading, homemaking, and owning businesses
- Final tips and advice
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Shannon’s website: http://theradicalhomemaker.net/
If you’ve had a rough gardening season, or just want to improve your garden soil, check out this episode’s sponsor, Redmond’s Agriculture, & my favorite soil kit option on the market, right here: theprairiehomestead.com/soiltest. Be sure to use code HOMESTEAD & save 15% off your entire order!
My (New) Old-School Blog: www.prairiephilosophy.com
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger
More Unconventional Homesteading Thoughts:
- When Homesteading Doesn’t Fit Any of the Boxes (podcast episode)
- What Stage of Homesteading are You In? (podcast episode)
- Saying NO to These 4 Systems Changed My Life Forever (podcast episode)
- Does this Homesteading Thing Really Matter? (blog article)