Podcast: Play in new window | Download
One of the most common concerns I hear from people looking to get into homesteading is what happens when you need to leave or take a vacation? While we want all of the joys that a homestead provides, certainly there can be issues when needing to be away for a prolonged period of time. Fear not my friends, I’m here to explain how you can leave your homestead without a great deal of worry. Listen today to find out how we prepare for trips away from the homestead. This episode is sure to inspire some ideas of your own.
Some key highlights from today’s episode:
• The best times to leave the homestead
• How to find someone to watch your place
• How to cut down on chores to make things easier
• Why an automatic watering system is great no matter the situation.
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
More Modern Homesteading Tips:
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing Sprouts (blog post)
- Homesteading With Littles (podcast episode)
- How to Switch out Your Store Bought Veggies For Homegrown Ones (podcast episode)
- How to Make Homemade Veggie Powders (tutorial)
- How to Organize Your Homestead With a Planner (blog post)