You are in for a treat today! I am so pleased to be welcoming the amazing Linda from The Organic Kitchen today! Not only are her recipes out of this world, but her food photography is drool-worthy too. I can’t wait to make this simple pasta with some of my home-dried tomatoes!
Hello I am Linda Spiker from The Organic Kitchen. I am thrilled to be guest posting for Jill here at The Prairie Homestead! I love a simple meal, especially when it’s delicious and easy on the wallet. And if it can be made in less than fifteen minutes well, what’s not to like?
This is The Organic Kitchen Sun Dried Tomato Pasta. It’s rich, savory and filling, and light because it contains no meat…but honestly, it’s so savory no one will miss the meat!
When making a meal that has so few ingredients I always recommend that those ingredients are very high quality. I use an organic extra virgin olive oil, just picked basil from my herb garden, fresh garlic, organic sun dried tomatoes, freshly grated Parmesan and a good quality sea salt!
While my pasta cooks, I whip all these gorgeous ingredients together in a food processor…
…and voila! A fresh and delicious sun dried tomato pesto pasta sauce!
Always reserve a little pasta water for thinning…
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 16 ounces pasta (any you like, we use Farfalle, cook according to package instructions)
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil (or make your own dried tomatoes!)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (depending on how much of a garlic lover you are)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 reserved pasta water
Cook the pasta according to package directions and reserve ¼ cup pasta water before straining in colander.… [Continue Reading]