Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Have you ever wondered why real food can seem so expensive? I know I have, and there were even times in my life where I opted to take the cheaper route when it comes to my food choices.
However, please be aware that the price you’re paying for your food doesn’t ultimately doesn’t reflect the total cost. In this podcast episode, I cover the true costs of some of your favorite foods, different ways to maximize your food budget, why soy and corn are so cheap, and so much more.
No matter what your budget, it’s important to remember that your food choices don’t just affect your bottom line, they effect every single aspect of your life. Listen today to find out how to make the best choices for you and your family!
Podcast Episode Highlights
- “Real Food is Expensive”: a commonly said phrase (and my thoughts)
- Why real food actually costs more
- Why I appreciate the higher food costs
- How I make normal grocery store trips work better for me
- Soapbox: myth-busting common beliefs about real food
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
This episode is proudly sponsored by our own business Genuine Beef Co. This dream has been 4 years in the making, but we are finally shipping our Wyoming-raised beef nationwide! It’s grass fed AND grass-finished, dry-aged to perfection, and vacuum-sealed in a USDA facility. We have 90/10 ground beef, roasts, steaks, and a variety of bundles. Use code PODCAST for 10% off your order.
As mentioned in the episode, check out this amazing article on the True Cost of Local Foods: https://learn.uvm.edu/foodsystemsblog/2017/01/24/true-cost-of-local-food/
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your Prairie Planner today!
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger
More Real Food Tips:
- How to Buy Local Food
- How I Grocery Shop in for Organic Foods
- Cooking from Scratch with Limited Time
- My Heritage Cooking Crash Course will help you learn how to make simple & easy from-scratch food