As a whole, we as humans are more distracted than we’ve ever been at any point in our history. We now have available to us an unlimited stream of instant distractions in the form of phones, email, apps, social media, Netflix, etc.
Ultimately, what it all boils down to is focus. In this podcast episode, I share with you some of my best strategies to stay focused on day-to-day tasks and keep on track with big goals. Listen to find out how to set your phone for success, how to use the 80/20 rule to your advantage, and how a few minutes of planning every week can ease your anxiety.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- When we opt out of systems, it will take more time, which causes tension
- How I handle this tension with certain principles
- How modern advertising/culture/society tells us what is “convenient”
- Time and Focus: my thoughts on how they are connected
- Tip #1: set up your phone for success
- Tip #2: 80/20 rule
- Tip #3: Saying ‘No’
- Tip #4: Planning your week
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your 2022 Prairie Planner today (UPDATE: we sold out of the paper planners, but you can still purchase the digital version and print it yourself).
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger