When it comes to homesteaders, in many ways we’re natural born preppers. While we might not be preparing for the apocalypse, we’re always focused on looking down the road to be ready for any situation.
One particular situation that always comes up in my head is “What if you couldn’t buy food at the grocery store?” In this podcast episode, I cover the three steps I’m taking to prepare my family for any food supply related issues. I also explain why it’s important to focus on ‘prepping’ skills and tactics that also improve your life in the present instead of just preparing for some potential event that might never happen.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- My thoughts on the Prepper industry
- My passion is more about having a plan
- 2020 shortages and future predictions…
- Our personal business shortages lately
- What can you produce yourself?
- What can you source from your community?
- What do you WANT to stock up on (that you will actually use)?
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/jill.winger