With the events of the past year, there have been certain items that have become even more essential for everyday life. While things like toilet paper and hand sanitizer flew off the shelves, one unforeseen item sold out quicker than expected. Due to both higher demand and restrictions on production, seeds have been selling out way ahead of schedule. In today's episode, we dig into the process of planning, purchasing, and preparing your seeds for use in your garden. Learn the process of sprouting your seeds and why your garden zone influences everything, including both when and what you can plant. I also share how I've been able to save thousands of dollars over the year simply by starting my own plants in my basement. No matter your level of expertise, there is sure to be something for you in this jam-packed episode!
- A BIG shout-out to our podcast sponsor this month— True Leaf Market! http://theprairiehomestead.com/seeds
They are one of my most-favorite seed companies specializing in organic, heirloom seeds with hundreds of varieties to pick from! Use code SPRING2021 for $10 your first order of $50 or more.
- How I Grow HUNDREDS of Pounds of Vegetables for Less Than $40: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRy0kc5vhQc
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead