The foundation of any great garden depends on three things: Location, Location, Location. So how do we determine the proper location for a garden? I’m glad you asked! In today’s episode, I’m digging deep into the best strategies and techniques for finding the ideal sunny spot, determining the proper size garden for your family, and deciding the correct planting method based on your soil type.
Learn how to create a sun map, how to keep pesky critters out of your garden, how to amend your soil to get the best yield, and so much more. Today is all about planning and prepping, so make sure you come ready to take notes!
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
- A BIG shout-out to our podcast sponsor this month— True Leaf Market! http://theprairiehomestead.com/seeds
They are one of my most-favorite seed companies specializing in organic, heirloom seeds with hundreds of varieties to pick from! Use code SPRING2021 for $10 your first order of $50 or more.
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
More Gardening Tips:
- The #1 Thing That Will Improve Your Garden (podcast episode)
- These 3 Tricks are Saving Me TONS of Time in the Garden (podcast episode)
- What We Learned from Having our Garden Soil Tested (podcast episode)
- Reasons to Plant a Victory Garden (blog & podcast)