Welcome back, my friends! I can’t begin to express how excited I am for what we’re tackling in season three of the Old Fashioned on Purpose podcast. This past year was wild, to say the least. I don’t know about you, but I certainly never could’ve imagined that food shortage could be a topic of conversation in 2020. Because of this, I’m dedicating this season to something that needs to be revived in this country: The Victory Garden. For those of you who’ve had a desire to start a garden of your own and didn’t know where to start, then this season is specifically for you! Follow along as I dig into the process of planning and planting my own Victory Garden as we take another step toward using our homestead to offer support within the community.
Read more about Victory Gardens here —> https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2022/02/reasons-to-plant-a-victory-garden.html
- A BIG shout-out to our podcast sponsor this month— True Leaf Market! http://theprairiehomestead.com/seeds
They are one of my most-favorite seed companies specializing in organic, heirloom seeds with hundreds of varieties to pick from! Use code SPRING2021 for $10 your first order of $50 or more.
- Is Dirt the New Prozac? Discover Magazine study on the positive effects of bacteria in soil: https://www.discovermagazine.com/mind/is-dirt-the-new-prozac
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead