Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Potatoes are by far my favorite vegetable. I’d imagine it’s pretty safe to say I’m not alone in my affinity for spuds. No, it’s not even due the fact I was born in Idaho, better known as the home of the potato. My favorite part of harvesting potatoes is the act of digging them up. It’s like treasure hunt every time. Today’s episode is dedicated to everything potatoes. From harvesting to storing to preparing and everything in between, this will prepare you and your family for the coming harvest.
Some highlights from the episode:
- The best tools for removing potatoes from the ground
- Why you should abstain from washing your potatoes
- The optimal way to cure your potatoes
- Which potatoes store the best
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
More Gardening & Preserving Tips:
- The Homesteader’s Guide to Preserving Meat (podcast episode)
- How to Make Herbal Vinegar (recipe)
- How to Store and Use Bulk Pantry Goods (blog post)
- How to Manage Your Garden Harvest (Without Loosing Your Mind)