Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Greetings friends and family! Back in episode 3 I explained the benefits of raised garden beds and why we chose to use them on our homestead. Today I’m going to talk about several different options on how you can create raised beds on your own. You’ll also get a detailed explanation on how we built own very own, incredibly unique raised beds made out of steel. I’m hoping this episode will make it clear that there’s no right or wrong way to build a raised bed, it simply comes down to finding something that fits your specific needs.
Some highlights from the episode:
- How to build a raised bed garden on any budget
- Learn why it’s always better to invest more for durability and longevity
- Tips for minimizing weeds in your raised beds
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Click here to access your very own raised bed guide! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/raisedbedguide
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
More Homesteading Tips:
- I’m Teaching my Kids to Fail (blog post)
- Why we Chose to Garden in Raised Beds (podcast episode)
- How to Create and Maintain Pasture Land (blog post)
- How to Care for Your Wooden Kitchen Utensils (podcast episode)
- The Four Types of Homesteaders (podcast episode)