A collection of resources referenced in the Natural Homestead eBook to help you along in your journey to a chemical-free homestead!
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links.
Feeds & Supplements
- Azure Standard– carries bulk grains, raw apple cider vinegar, diatomaceous earth, and some chicken feeds. They only ship to certain parts of the USA.
- Greeley Elevator- Located in Greeley, CO, I was ecstatic to find this feed store! Tons of options, and their on-staff nutritionist helped me to figure out soy-free and corn-free rations for my flock.
- Fertrell’s Nutri-Balancer- Poultry pre-mix that contains vitamins, minerals, and probiotics
- Thorvin Kelp– Certified organic kelp.
- Garlic Barrier– Very potent garlic extract suitable for gardens and animals.
- Scratch and Peck Feed– Organic, soy-free chicken feed.
- Bulk Herb Store– An online retailer with an excellent selection of bulk herbs.
- My Favorite Essential Oils – The only brand I use.
Labs that Conduct Feed Testing
- Cumberland Valley Analytical Services
- Rock River Laboratory Inc.
- Servi-Tech Laboratories
The Small-Scale Poultry Flock by Harvey Ussery
City Chicks: Keeping Micro-flocks of Chickens as Garden Helpers, Compost Makers, Bio-reyclers, and Local Food Producers by Patricia Foreman
Fresh Eggs Daily: Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens… Naturally by Lisa Steele
Pastured Poultry Profits by Joel Salatin
Salad Bar Beef by Joel Salatin
Natural Cattle Care by Pat Coleby
Homeopathy for the Herd by C. Edgar Sheaffer
Natural Horse Care by Pat Coleby
Essential Oils for Horses by Carole Faith
Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals by Kristen Leigh Bell
The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
Raising Goats Naturally: The Complete Guide to Milk, Meat, and More by Deborah Niemann
Natural Goat Care by Pat Coleby
The Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery
The Backyard Homestead by Carleen Madigan
Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide: 33 Healing Herbs to Know, Grow, and Use by Rosemary Gladstar
The Complete Herbal Handbook for Farm and Stable by Juliette de Baïracli Levy
Practical Herbalism: Ordinary Plants with Extraordinary Powers by Philip Fritchey
Compost Tea Making by Marc Remillard
Lasagna Gardening: A New Layering System for Bountiful Gardens: No Digging, No Tilling, No Weeding, No Kidding! by Patricia Lanza
All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew