It’s kind of a bad combo…
Not only does our poor shower have to deal with the normal grime that comes as a result of farm life, but we also have super-duper hard water…
And let’s be honest–scrubbing down the shower on a regular basis isn’t real high on my priority list right now.
So what happens?
You guessed it– things get scummy really quickly. And when I say scummy, I’m talkin’ about a build up of dingy grime that’s thick enough to scrape off with your fingernail.
Thankfully, my Homemade Scum Buster Bar is a lifesaver–and it takes a lot of the elbow grease out of the shower cleaning process.
The problem is that you need to actually use it in order for it to work, and I’ll admit that I don’t pull it out of the cabinet as frequently as I should.
So, that’s where this nifty DIY Shower Cleaner Spray comes into play!
I mixed up this concoction to help keep things slightly less-scummy between cleanings. And so far? It seems to be working!
DIY Daily Shower Cleaner Spray
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap (I like this kind– affiliate link)
- 15 drops lemon essential oil (these are my favorite essential oils ever)
- 15 drops melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil
Mix all the ingredients together in a quart-sized spray bottle.
Shake well, and spray onto shower surfaces every day after use.
- Remember–this is designed as a maintenance spray, so I would suggest starting with a clean shower first. It won’t remove built-on grime by itself, it’ll just slow down the process.
- Want to try a fun shower cleaning technique? My DIY Scum Buster bar is a favorite at my house!
- You can totally use other essential oils if you like. I chose lemon because it is excellent for removing grease and grime, and I chose melaleuca because of its cleansing properties.