Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On today’s episode, you’re going to learn how Christian and I are managing to raise old-fashioned kids in the modern technological world. How our we accomplishing this? Mostly by providing our kids with unstructured time. It turns out that allowing time for your children to be bored will actually increase their creativity. Who knew? Listen to find out why letting go of your kids is actually the best thing you could ever do as a parent.
Some highlights from the episode:
- How and why we limit screen time
- Why letting go helps your kids with problem solving
- Why giving kids responsibility helps them grow
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
Ready to join the newsletter for mavericks who value free-thinking, ditching the status quo, and taking charge of every part of our lives? Click now! https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/freethinker
Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
Head to http://prairieplanner.com/ to get your Prairie Planner today!
Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesteader
More Unconventional Homesteading Tips:
- Getting Chickens for the First Time? (podcast episode)
- What to do When Your Friends and Family Don’t Like Homesteading (podcast episode)
- Homeschooling Questions; Answered (blog post)
- 7 Lessons a Homestead Will Teach Your Kids (podcast episode)