Growing a business anywhere is a challenge, but doing so in a small town can seem almost impossible. Whether it’s a tiny population, a small amount of foot traffic, or a perceived lack of demand, the obstacles always seem to outweigh the opportunity.
Today it’s time to bust that myth as I’m joined by my friend Dana Larson. Dana is the founder of Rural Revival, a podcast dedicated to telling the stories if people like yourself who are building thriving businesses in small towns across the country.
In today’s episode Dana discusses how to generate business ideas that will work in your small town, how to find money to start your business, some of the most common obstacles faced by small business owners, different methods of marketing your business, and much more.
Podcast Episode Highlights
- How being an entrepreneur in a small town can be overwhelming and isolating
- A closer look at the massive resurgence and interest in small towns: is this a trend or long-lasting?
- The types of businesses that do better than others in a small town
- The benefits for homestead-type entrepreneurs in investing in small towns over big cities
- Tips for finding buildings in a small town when the prices seem too high
- How to find the balance between an online presence and a storefront
- Where to start if you want to help your small town succeed
- Obstacles that small town businesses have to deal with
- Best tips for marketing a small town business
Did you enjoy listening to this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review to let us know. This can help other folks learn about this podcast and we also really appreciate the feedback!
Podcast Episode Resources and Links Mentioned
The Positively Tea Company is your go-to source for organic, loose-leaf teas without the artificial junk! These teas have zero added sugars but the taste, variety, and quality are amazing. Save 10% on your order during June 2021 with the code HOMESTEAD. Shop for your teas right here.
Want to connect further with Dana? Head to the links below:
Rural Revival Homepage: https://www.ruralrevival.co/
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
More Helpful Small Town Tips:
- Learn how to create a homestead business with my Self-Funded Homestead course.
- How to Start Buying Local Food
- How I Grocery Shop for Organic Foods in a Rural Area
- Modern Homestead Manifesto