Maple Walnut Blondies with Maple Butter Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 9x13 pan 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (I use this one)
- 1 cup whole cane sugar (or try coconut sugar, rapadura, or sucanat)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 batch of Maple Butter Sauce (below)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Use a stand or hand mixer to cream the butter, sugar, and maple syrup. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract, then mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. (Be careful not to overmix!)
- Spoon the batter into a well-oiled 9×13″ baking dish. Use a rubber spatula to gently push the batter to the edge of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While the blondies are baking, mix up the butter sauce. Pour the sauce over the warm blondies and sprinkle the walnuts on top. Serve warm.
- For the Maple Butter Sauce: 1/4 cup real maple syrup, 1/4 cup butter, melted, 3 tablespoons heavy cream. Mix all of the ingredients together until smooth.