Rustic Pear Tart with Cream and Spice
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground nuts (I used almond flour–although any fine nuts will work)
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sucanat or other granulated sweetener of your choice. (like this)
- 5–6 medium pears, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (like this)
- 1/4 cup sucanat or natural sweetener of choice (honey will work)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the nuts, butter, salt, and sucanat. Press into a 9″ pan.
- Arrange the pears on top of the crust. When I say arrange, I really just mean plop them on top in some fashion.
- Sprinkle the pears with cinnamon, cloves, the remaining sweetener, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and egg, then pour over the top of the whole thing. You might have to push the pears around a bit to make sure the cream covers them all
- Bake for around 30 minutes, or until the pears are golden brown and the cream mixture is set. Serve warm or cold.