Hi, I’m Jill.
A little bit about me:
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I know where I will be spending eternity. Do you?
- I am passionate about horsemanship, and have been obsessed with horses since I was 2 years old.
- I use natural remedies and essential oils whever possible.
- I have a bad habit of impulse-buying farm animals…
- I tend to thrive on a bit of organized chaos.
- I love weathered barns, quirky old farmhouses, rusty antiques, and chipping paint.
- I haven’t always eaten whole foods like I do now… In fact, I have a horrible sweet tooth and used to drink a lot of soda.
- We are passionate about being 100% debt-free, and are working hard to pay off our mortgage.
My journey into modern-day homesteading all began with a compost pile. I really never intended to end up being a cow milking, bread baking, natural remedy using, veggie growing prairie dweller, but here I am, and it’s been a wild ride.
(Oh, and it case you were wondering, I generally don’t wear a skirt while operating a pitch fork… In fact, I rarely get dressed up, and you’ll most often find me wearing manure-flecked jeans and a messy bun. Just so ya know…)
I have a sneaking suspicion that most people have a bit of homesteading spirit hidden deep inside of them.
I started this blog to encourage you to explore those ideas yourself and return to your roots of self-sufficiency and simple living, whether you live on a sprawling ranch or in a high-rise apartment.
Remember, it’s not the destination, it’s the journey. And I look forward to sharing our journey to simple, wholesome, sustainable living with you!
Ready to come along for the ride?
Other Places You’ll find Jill:
- Author of Natural Homestead: 40+ Recipes for Natural Critters & Crops
- Author of Your Custom Homestead: Awakening a Fresh Vision of Homesteading
- Contributing author to the newly published book, “Trust Your Intuition: 25 “Natural Medicine Confessions” from Influential Women Who Choose Healing Remedies for their Families”
- Featured in the September/October 2012 issue of Urban Farm magazine
- Columnist for Hobby Farm Home magazine (2013)
- Featured in Cheeseslave’s Real Food Kitchen Tours (November 2011)
- Publisher in the Village Green Network
- Contributing writer for The Better Mom from 2011-2012
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.