How to Bottle Kombucha at Home
- A scoby
- 1 cup starter tea
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon tea (or 4 bags)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place scoby and starter tea in a 1/2-gallon mason jar.
- Boil 2 cups water and then remove from heat.
- Seep tea in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea and stir in sugar.
- Add 4 cups of cold filtered water to sweet tea.
- Cover jar with breathable fabric.
- Store your first ferment jar away from drafts or direct sunlight.
- In roughly one week, it’s time for a second ferment.