Easy Orange Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 yolks
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the yolks, syrup, orange juice, and zest together in a small bowl.
- Heat 3/4 cup cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it’s steamy, but not boiling.
- Slowly whisk the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture, then return it all back to the saucepan and cook over low heat until it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Mix in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Hopefully you didn’t scramble the egg yolks, but just in case you did, you can pour the mixture through a strainer.) Chill.
- Once the chocolate custard has cooled completely, whip the remaining 1 1/4 cups of cream with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the custard into the cream until it’s completely blended and no longer streaky.
- Chill for an additional 30 minutes, or you leave it in the fridge overnight if you want to make it a day early.